- Skilled navigator and ARPA watchkeeper with extensive day and night experience from some of the world's busiest shipping areas.
- High level of understanding of engines and other technical installations. Engineer experience from yachts up to 34 metres.
- Proficient in marine electronics and IT systems.
- Will learn onboard systems quickly.
- Comfortable with business and project management, including administration, accounting and budgeting.
- Local knowledge for cruising in Norwegian waters.
- Mature and highly responsible with excellent leadership and motivating skills.
- Pleasant, easy-going personality and strong people skills with people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Structured and proactive with a focus on creative problem solving.
- A good eye for detail without losing sight of the big picture.
- Highly qualified in computer systems
(including web and systems development).
- Competent educator able to present complex matters in easy to understand ways.
- Experienced writer and photographer.
Please click here for a list of ideas on how I can contribute on board.
- MCA/RYA Yachtmaster Offshore (Power) Certificate of Competence
- MCA/DoT Commercial Endorsement
- STCW95 Deck Officer Class 5 (Master 500 tons) exams passed with top grades
(actual certificate to follow after some additional sea time)
- Norwegian D5L Certificate
(Offshore certificate for Pleasure Craft up to 50 GRT and up to 12 paying passengers)
- UKSA Maritime Academy Advanced navigation training on TRANSAS bridge simulator including ARPA, ECDIS (electronic charts), GPS, radar and collision avoidance training
- MCA Approved Engine Course (AEC) Certificate
- CEPT/GMDSS Long Range Radio Certificate with Satellite Endorsement (includes VHF)
+ Norwegian Short Range Radio Operator's Certificate (SRC/VHF)
- UKSA Motor Yacht Skipper Training Course Completion Certificate
- STCW95 Personal Survival Techniques
- STCW95 Personal Security and Social Responsibility
- STCW95 Basic Fire Fighting
- STCW95 Elementary First Aid
- STCW95 Proficiency in Crowd and Crisis Management & Human Behaviour
- MCA Proficiency in Medical First Aid Aboard Ship (MGN147).
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA Inland Waters Helmsman Certificate
- RYA Radar Course
- RYA Diesel Engine Maintenance
• Seafarer Medical Certificate (Health Certificate, valid till 04/2016)
• CMAS 2 Star Competent Diver Certificate
• All driving licenses (A, BE, CE, DE, bus license commercially endorsed in Norway)
Next - Sailing Experience >>
Organisations referred above:
MCA - Maritime and Coast Guard Agency (UK)
RYA - Royal Yachting Association
UKSA - UKSA Maritime Academy, Isle of Wight
STCW95 - Standard of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping
(- by IMO, International Maritime Organisation)
DoT - Department of Transport (UK)